- Dropped 19 trillion gallons of rain over southeast Texas, $5.5 trillion gallons over Louisiana. Hurricane Irma dumped 38 trillion liters of water on Florida in 36 hours.
- Killed at least 36 people.
- Destroyed 40,000 homes.
- Left nearly four million people without power.
- Displaced 30,000 people
- Disrupted businesses
- Increased rates of unemployment
- Damaged infrastructure
- Led to crop losses, property damage and higher fuel prices.
Keller Williams Cares
Although Redlands, California is nearly 15,000 miles away from Houston, Louisiana and Florida where Harvey and Irma hit, Redlands residents want to help their friends in the south. So, they are donating money and items through KW Cares, which is a 501(c)(3) public charity created to support Keller Williams associates and their families with hardships. The charity is the heart of Keller Williams culture in action – finding and serving the higher purpose of business through charitable giving in the market centers and communities where Keller Williams associates live and work. Click here for a list of the charities that the organization supports: Ryan’s Well Foundation Homes for Our Troops MD Anderson Cancer Center.
How to Help
To help those affected by Hurricane Harvey, click here, to support KWCares. Donations go directly to help members of the Keller Williams’ Family. If you prefer a more “hands on” approach, you may want to volunteer to help with on-site recovery or to donate items in lieu of cash. All contributions go directly to disaster relief. To donate your time, signup at KWRelief.org. The Redlands Marketplace is already chock full of generous donations from hundreds of residents.
Hurricane Harvey Needed Supply List
If you would like to donate items, please contact the KW Command Center.
- Wheel Barrels
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, plastic utensils, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (brooms, mops, Windex, rubber gloves, bleach, Windex, rubber gloves, etc.)
- Water testing kits, large black trash bags, face masks, heavy duty gloves
- Pet food (dog and cat food)
- Personal Items (rubber boots, toothbrushes & toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, soap, bug spray, new socks for men and women and children, new underwear men/women/children
- Bottled water
- Ice & Styrofoam Coolers
If you are a KW Associate in need of financial assistance for immediate needs due to Hurricane Harvey, please call 866-591-2737. The KW Cares Disaster Response Team is mobilizing equipment, supplies and volunteers to areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey, once it is safe to do so. Market center leadership is where you should check-in for financial assistance due to displacement. Reach KW Cares during business hours at 512-327-3070 or email@example.com. On weekends or after hours, call the Crisis Line at 866-591-2737.
About Candace Cantu McGloin
Keller Williams Realtor Candace Cantu McGloin is qualified and willing to help home buyers and sellers across Southern California. A long-time Redlands’ resident, she specializes in the cities of Redlands, Highland, Yucaipa, Grand Terrace, and Loma Linda but has done transactions both on the buying and selling side throughout Southern California. To learn more about real estate in Redlands or elsewhere in the Inland Empire, call Candace directly at (951) 201-2443.